The Shattered realm

WoRP :: Games :: D&D 3.5

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  Damien on Fri May 21, 2010 6:39 am

(Yeah, 100,000 years is totally a young planet.)
Damien sighed as he checked his weapons again. This group made him uneasy, there were too many very strange characters, what with the bear and everything. He was starting to realize that he was the only one here who was simple, easy to understand and not much of a past to talk about, he'd trained with the elves for a while, and had learned many of his more treasured skills there, but other than that, the occasional corruption robbery, and a few assassinations to date, probably why he felt so simple was because he pulled everything off so quietly. Never having a reputation to speak of for his safety. Making the assassinations look like accidents or suicide. And never really leaving a trace for the silly guards to find. This time was exactly when he wanted to be, thievery without any way of catching the thief aside from personal guards manning an estate, and even those were easy to deal with with knockout gas or a garrote.
Anyway he was getting ahead of himself, he walked a little faster, his halfling form having to move a bit faster to keep up with the humans... he thought most of them were humans, and the bear. He didnt mind though, it kept his leg muscles strong.
"Well... if we dont have a priest... I suspect we could easily find one at the next town, or maybe there's an enclave around here, I dont really know the territory well."
avatar
Damien

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-05-03
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

a breif note on history

Post  DM on Sat May 22, 2010 10:19 pm

(It would be the first 100,000 years of recorded history. so it has already had the billions of years needed to form properly, the centari conquered many worlds. they just used this one as their home because there is no such thing as an arctic zone on this planet. it starts at temperate at the poles and gets warmer from there, the equator is a massive desert. and the planet is HUGE and i mean truly massive, they used to fly from place to place on dragon back and that would even take hours at times. you all are about the northern end of the standard temperate zone, so figure northern California weather.)

DM
Admin

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-04-25

View user profile http://worp.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Because SOMEBODY had to >.>

Post  Rumpleteazer on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:25 am

The small bear looked up at the others with a beaming smile. She was excited now that she was back in the forest, her small tail wriggling about. She shifted the bag in one paw as she looked up to the human person with the sparkly pretty daggers. She blinked once, then twice, then tilted her head. Her lips parted as a response came to the very tip of her tongue. He kept talking though. It sounded like Inside Talk. The sort of things you keep in your head and not say aloud. She couldn't remember if it was rude to ask if what someone said was Inside Talk though. She remembered Mama saying that it wasn't smart to talk aloud when she had her Inside Thoughts, like now how she was going on and on in her own head. She didn't want to be seen as stupid, or not smart, so she was always so very careful about keeping her Inside Thoughts to herself unless there was a very good reason other people needed to know. Like her name, for example, right? She wondered if this human's mama ever told him that. It certainly didn't seem like it. But she wasn't his mama, so it was probably best not to try to teach him. She didn't think she was a really good teacher anyway. She knew she wasn't all that smart after all, and tried to do her best to understand what she could and couldn't do, so at the very least she wouldn't be stu- what was that smell?

She tilted her head up a bit, sticking her nose a little more into the soft breeze that had shifted. It smelled really gross. Like old meat kept in the sun too long, and that fuzzy stuff that grows on old things, and something that had been really badly burnt. Her sensitive nose wrinkled as the human finished talking. She looked up at him and blinked again. A small smile spread on her lips as she said in a clear voice, "Okay nice mister lubboo buh-bye now!"

The small bear tightened her grip on the large bundle of food and bolted into the forest, following her nose. She was trying to remember what some of those smells could mean! She knew it was all really important. Well, except for the burnt part. Things got burnt back at home all the time. Of course, that was burning that was supposed to happen. This burning smelled different from wood or food burning. Wait, what were the other scents? Rotting meat, old fuzzy stuff... her eyes suddenly went wide. The mean ugly things! She reached back to draw her mace, still running, still holding onto the bundle of food, Still trying to follow the scent with her sensitive nose (dex check in case I need it. Woot, made it!).

She managed to keep a strong hold on both the bundle and mace as she kept running. Already she could help kill meanies! The little bear was fast, especially for her size, covering twice as much ground than an average human could in that time. She ran right into a clearing, her nose still in the air as she swept her eyes over the open area for anymore of the mean things. She blinked at the sight of yet another walk-on-two-legs, her head tilting as her rounded ears perked. Why, that wasn't a mean thing at all!


Last edited by Rumpleteazer on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rumpleteazer

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 34
Location : Somewhere between Heave and Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  DM on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:25 am

The member 'Rumpleteazer' has done the following action : Roll \'em

'D20' : 5

DM
Admin

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-04-25

View user profile http://worp.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  DM on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:32 am

(yeah, good call on the dex check. and if it wasnt for your insane str i'd ask for that check too. god damn she is burly)

DM
Admin

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-04-25

View user profile http://worp.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Enter the wizard

Post  Vyncent on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 pm

She hadn't been sleeping well. Since the attack of the two undead she continued to wake in fits of shuffling and cold sweats, worried that a spell that wouldn't fail would and leave her prey to the walking abominations. She was barely able to make it back to sleep when the mental ping came once more to her mind, signaling an intruder in her camp once more.

The vixen roused and dressed hurriedly, tossing on a simple light blue gown that cinched in the front, though she forgot the clothe belt that would hold the two halves over her body. In times like this, modesty was forgotten in lo of survival. She stormed out of her tent, palm out as the little bear burst onto the seen. Without thinking more than the word needed, the magic sparkling in her slitted, sapphire eyes, she called out the spell that would mystify. "Daze!"

The bear's vision would cloud over with an illusion only she could see, something to take her mind off of what she'd seen when she'd lay eyes on her. The vision would flit and dance in her view, giving the caster the needed time to make the necessary gestures to form her magical missile spell. Her forefinger became alight in a light blue that cast no shadow, leveling the spell on the intruder to her camp. Her resolve faltered as she noticed the bear was whole. Breathing. And had weapons and a big bag of....something.

It was clear that this bear was not one of the undead. But it was unclear as to what she was doing here. And with a bag that big, she could be a bandit. She flicked her wrist glared at the little female as the spell dissipated and faded from her eyes. Her voice would come over strong and powerful as she gave a warning and a question.

"Don't move an inch from where you are...or else you suffer my wrath. Now. What business do you have in my camp?" Her glare was one of anger, exhaustion, and perhaps a bit curiosity. This was the first living being she'd run across since leaving the academy that wasn't clothed in robes of the arcane studies. Never the less, her fingertip glowed with powerful intent should the bear not follow her instructions.

Long black hair cascaded down her back, the gown flowing on her body, though it didn't reveal her figure much, thank the goddess.
avatar
Vyncent

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  Dragonbane on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Tahliat knew the time would eventually come, he just thought it would be later, when he had more experience. He wasn’t expecting all this, undead rising all around, attacking whoever they found while wandering. And he definitely wasn’t expecting them to find his village. Before the attack, there were only the rumors; no one expected them to actually be true. It wasn’t until the skeletons and zombies were upon the village that the small clan of Moon Elves knew of the world’s current problem. It had been some time since scouts reported in to inform them of what was transpiring, and now they knew why.

It was a rushed call to arms. Tahliat was in the middle of smithing lessons with his father when it happened. Luck would have it that they had just finished his suit of chainmail a few hours ago, and it would be ready to use by now, they just hadn’t expected it’s trial run to be live combat, especially of this kind. His father helped him into it, offering him a sword and shield that had been made several days earlier and had been meant for the trade caravans, but now wouldn’t be making it that far. Once armed and armored, he set out to help the others that were gathering to fend off the onslaught.
The undead charged past all the sentries at the gates and walls, the normally lax guards overrun by the seemingly relentless attack. It was into this that the gathered warriors of the village ran into. Though still outnumbered, they were trained well enough to be able to mostly handle such simple enemies. Tahliat was near the front when the two forces collided, first smashing a skeleton apart with his shield before bringing his sword around to remove the head of another, followed by severing the spine of a third. This was different then the training he had done before, yes when he won the other fell, but they always got back up or groaned in pain from being smacked around, these enemies just fell and stopped moving, save for the rolling bones.

After another few skeletons dropped, along with a few dents in his shield and rebounds off his armor, thanking his father the whole while, one skeleton came rushing through the crowd. The only reason this one was noticeable was because it was considerably larger than the rest, and brushed some aside as it swung a large hammer. It was this hammer that swung towards Tahliat, and when he brought up his shield to defend himself he realized that it was a futile effort at that point too late. With the impact from the hammer the shield practically shattered, sending pieces flying around the place as Tahliat was flung onto his back several feet away.

As he was getting up, a friend from his childhood, Thryss, came running to his aid. He was armed similarly, though he was wielding a short sword with his shield. He was unprepared for the strength of this undead however, and as the hammer came at him, he attempted to remove its leg. The leg indeed fell off, but the hammer connected with his head as well, crushing it within his helmet and sending him flying over by Tahliat. Now hobbled, the skeleton slowly made its way over to the elf and his fallen friend, and it was then that he noticed the short sword still in his old friend’s grasp. He reached over and took the blade, vowing revenge as he rose once more. He hadn’t had official training with two weapons, but he had practiced with his friend and intended to use it to defeat this monster.

He charged the undead creature, both weapons raised as the skeleton took another swing. He jumped over the hammer, flipping the swords around to hold them reversed and bring the points down into the skull of the creature, driving the blades through its spine to split it in half part way down, at which point it let out a screech before turning to dust. As the dust began to blow in the wind, Tahliat wasted no time in getting back into the fight, remaining with the two swords to honor his fallen friend.

Once the undead lay dead once more, the village grew into an unsteady calm as they attempted to make repairs and heal the wounded, while counting the dead. It was during this time that some of the warriors gathered to talk about the attack, when one of the scouts that had left months before came back. He was wounded, but alive, and was about to tell of the news of the undead when he realized the bodies lying around. He went straight to the elders to tell them of the human’s plans and what was going on, and so the information was passed to the ones remaining who fought the undead first.

Tahliat went to his fallen friend’s father to present the sword, which he was allowed to keep on the promise that he would go out with the party leaving for the human city to slay as many of the vile undead as he was able. This news he brought to his father, who then gave him his blessings to leave with the party the following morning. After preparations were made for him, he went out to the small camp made just outside the village for those heading to the human city. There were a little over a dozen of them gathered there, the others had chosen to stay to secure the village from further attacks and to bury the dead. Those in the camp spent most of the evening and going well into the night discussing what they thought would happen and planning and packing what they could.

In the morning the whole camp was packed up and they all headed out to leave the forest of their home. Tahliat had decided to stick with the two swords instead of taking a shield that was offered him, he thought he did better this way. He was always bad at defending anyway. Once out of the forest it took them several days to find the human city, they had forgotten to ask the scout where the city was. They all bade each other farewell as they separated to spread out, so as to not cause suspicion in the humans of an elf attack. They were prone to this sometimes when a large group of elves showed up at once in their history, though that was usually in smaller towns and villages.

His ears drew stares from several passing humans, and even some elves in the city. Guess they weren’t used to seeing their own kind anymore. It didn’t take long to find a station to get the papers they were using. Seemed almost useless but it would help to get some coin for better equipment, and maybe he could even get some good supplies for his father. He’d always wanted plate mail. But for now he had to find some tavern, the picture had a griffon with a spear over it. How in the world was he going to find something like that in a place this big? Asking people proved useless as most either ignored him or avoided him. After a while an elf popped up and he was able to get directions, although they were a bit screwy, seeing as how they led him to a dead end. Upon doubling back he took a different turn and managed to locate the sign with the matching picture. He checked around before heading inside to make sure no one was following him after that dead end. Last thing he needed was to have humans trying to ambush him.

Once inside, he quickly learned what was going on and how they planned on working things out. He was seated at a table with what appeared to be two other warriors, a ranger, and some sort of… druid possibly, it was hard to tell with some of these, but the point was magic appeared to be present with this individual. Once they got greetings out of the way, they all decided to head out early, gathering their equipment and getting some supplies before leaving the city immediately, one of the first groups to do so actually. They made good time heading north, the direction chosen by the spin of a leaf, trying to make sure they were ahead of any other groups so that they could get the most coins from this ‘event’ as the humans were calling it. Tahliat knew right then that this was going to be a long trip to kill the rising undead with these humans… or at least he thought.

Dragonbane

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

(Question...)

Post  Rumpleteazer on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:33 pm

(I don't like running on assumptions. Is Tahliet referring to our little group? It just seems... awkward for someone to catch up in an rp by slapping their character onto past events where they were never acknowledged o.o)
avatar
Rumpleteazer

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 34
Location : Somewhere between Heave and Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

(answer)

Post  DM on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:41 pm

(nope, different party. just watch and see, this all has my approval)

DM
Admin

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-04-25

View user profile http://worp.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

*Sniffle*

Post  Vyncent on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:52 pm

(Is no one playing anymore? T^T )
avatar
Vyncent

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  DM on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:17 pm

(it looks like it kinda dies yes, but me and nite have been talking and we are going to try to restart it, you and your bother are more than welcome to continue with us. i'm going to just grab us and plunk all the charas down together in the woods and start from there, i still have an adventure to run and i plan on going forth)

DM
Admin

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-04-25

View user profile http://worp.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

^_^

Post  Vyncent on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 pm

(Yay! Just give the word when it's set up and ready. Kinda disappointed that the plans for my characters joining up are dashed...but at least we shall continue.)
avatar
Vyncent

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  Dragonbane on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:01 am

Tahliat left the city early with his group; this was probably the most obvious mistake. Being the first ones out, they had no idea what they were going to run in to, or where to go to avoid anything too strong. But instead of bothering to worry about it he simply followed them out and down the road, keeping one sword at the ready at all times for just in case, though he wasn’t sure if they would even find any of the creatures this night. Of course he was quickly reassured when some skeletons popped up nearby several miles down the road. The fight didn’t last long, as these undead were unarmed and sluggish, but it was enough to ease the tension somewhat.

Later that night, they made camp by the road. They wanted to stay near without blocking anyone passing, but didn’t want to stray too far from the path, as the undead didn’t seem to be around much in high traffic areas, probably from being cleared out so often. He was given the midnight watch, probably because he was the only one with night vision, so his sleep was disrupted by his post. The night remained quiet, other than some telltale sounds of undead wandering in areas far enough away not to be a worry to him at the moment, though he kept alert for any sounds nearing their small camp. By the end of his shift he was so tired of hearing nothing he more than welcomed sleep once more, passing out almost as soon as he made himself comfortable.

The next day Tahliat’s group made almost no progress; he sat and listened while the humans bickered about where to go, which areas to cover, and when to go back to town for supplies. Every now and then Tahliat made notice of the fact that some groups were passing them on the road, or that he noticed some entering the woodland areas, but this only seemed to agitate them even more, because they were falling behind the others and that was apparently a horrible thing. For a while they tried laying blame until they finally came to a census that regardless they needed to start moving again, to Tahliat’s great relief.

By the time night came again they hadn’t made it very far, and there had been no undead along the way this time. Once camp had been set up, Tahliat offered to take the first watch, which the others quickly agreed to, as the bickering seemed to have worn them all out a bit. He opted to stand rather than sit this time, taking to pacing slightly between times when he practiced with his swords, all while remaining alert for any sounds of undead nearing the campsite. Unfortunately for him, his foe made little sound as it approached, the wraith moving almost silently as it neared them.

It hadn’t been what he was expecting, so he hadn’t noticed it till it was too close. He had began to notice the air chilling before he even remembered of such things, quickly rousing the others, hoping to get everyone on their feet before the apparition reached them. The one he assumed to be a druid stood and began to cast a spell while the others grabbed their gear and tried putting on their armor. The wraith got to the druid before the spell was done, and in one swipe of its ghostly claws the human fell over, the life drained from him.

Tahliat grew somewhat pale at the sight of the slain human, as did the others as they continued to hurriedly grab their weapons, deciding armor might not help them here. Tahliat attacked the creature with both of his swords, another of the warriors doing the same with his great sword, though both simply swung through it and stumbled to the other side as it continued towards the last warrior, who by now was panicking. The ranger was aiming a shot with a shaky hand to attempt to hit the wraith again when a lesser wraith came from the druid’s corpse, flinging itself at the ranger. There was a scream as the lesser wraith tore at his face, the bow and arrow dropping to the ground as he tried to get away from the monster, only for it to be silenced as the wraith finished him off.

The three warriors were all that was left at this point, and the odds were not in their favor at all. The last warrior was still in a state of shock, seeming unable to move as Tahliat and the other tried to snap him out of it. As they rushed over to try to save him, the lesser wraith, now joined by one that came from the ranger’s corpse, stopped them. They tried fighting the creatures off to no avail as the wraith closed in on the other warrior, who screamed in fear as he flailed his shield in front of him, probably in some attempt to fend off the vile thing, only for it to wash over him and silence him forever.

The lesser wraiths had gotten a few scratches onto the two remaining warriors. Tahliat could tell the other warrior has a slightly larger cut which looked to be partly frozen from the creature’s attack. The wraith turned to the two of them and they exchanged a single glance while parrying attacks. It was time to get out of there.

As the wraith approached, Tahliat tried to help the injured warrior move back, they were nearly to the road now, but defending themselves from the relentless lesser wraiths proved difficult to do while trying to flee at the same time. The last straw was the third lesser wraith that rose from the felled warrior’s body. As soon as he saw it speeding towards them in front of the wraith, Tahliat knew that this wouldn’t end well. Perhaps one would call it luck, but the extra lesser wraith went straight for the other warrior, maybe sensing his weakened state and wanting to finish him off or something, but either way it was too much for him to defend, and he quickly dropped to the ground, his great sword dropped as he flailed and tried to make them go away. Tahliat took the opportunity to quicken his pace backwards.

He felt bad about leaving the human to die, but at this point there was nothing he could do except run and try to make sure at least one person made it out alive. He took one more swing at the remaining lesser wraith that he had been fending off, managing to get a hit on it and knock it back slightly, just enough to let him turn and run. He never looked back when his last comrade ceased all noise, meaning the wraith had gotten to him. This also meant another lesser wraith, another reason for him to move faster. Normally this would have been fine, but it seemed the wraiths had no intention of letting him leave alive, as he suddenly felt one of the lesser wraiths slamming into his back, knocking him over as he rolled along the road, his swords lost. Unarmed and on the ground, he looked up as the lesser wraiths moved to encircle around him several feet away, leaving room for the wraith to make its way up between them so it could finish him off.

Dragonbane

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A savior in Ogan

Post  Vyncent on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 am

The days had seemed to be the best and worst of his life since meeting that gnome on the road. He had known hardships, but also joys in the task given to him by his newly appointed god. A year it had been. Well...added to that time several months and days, but about a year. He placed a hand to his chest, the symbol of the hammer crossed with a crutch just as was on his holy sigil, was etched into the armor. He'd garnered a plot of land and had began building plans, but still needed more money in order to finalize the last details. Unfortunately, it was much money needed.

It was then he'd heard of the hunt for the undead that had plagued the realm, a unholy disease that had angered him for more than just being a cleric. Evil just couldn't be allowed to flourish across the land. He had heard of the town that had been giving papers to mark the amount of undead slain, that number turning to the amount of silver one received for the slain creatures of evil. He had gone and taken this paper, had a few marks on it already from his exploits in this land. He'd passed by many adventuring parties. Some fairing well and needing no more than a blessing from Ogan to guide them on their path. But others were not so lucky in their attempts to gain riches by ridding the land of such foul an infestation.

It was this feeling of sorrow that gripped him now as he pulled his horse up short. Images of battered armor, dying comrades, swept through his mind as he felt a pull to his being. His head whipped around, pulling his shield onto his arm but not yet drawing the weapon. Something was wrong. A darkness spread in his mind's eye to the west. The moon was in the night's sky but shone a pinkish hue to his eyes. Blood was being spilled this night.

Upon an impulse he couldn't explain, he reared his horse and galloped off towards the west, towards the rising feeling that something was very wrong. That someone needed his help. His cloak fanned and snapped in the wake of his horse's speed, rushing to whatever lay before him. He was being guided, he knew. He was needed. And he would answer the call.

<Some time later>

He gasped as he came to the seen of slain adventurers, covering his mouth with a leather gloved hand. His sigil warmed in his pocket, telling him this was where he was desired. Where he was needed. His eyes scanned about, seeing dark shapes off to the left, but unable to discern if it was fog or some other manner of foulry. He trotted his horse forward, checking the bodies and noting that their paleness was ungodly so. The skin shrunken as if zombified. He edged his horse closer to the dark mass that seemed to be moving slowly. His fears were realized when he spied the wraith surrounded by its lesser brethren. But these kills were fresh, the blood still seeping from the wounds they had sustained to the cruel claws of the wraiths. But as he looked to the monsters responsible, he found that they were encircled around a body. A body that still drew breath.

Eyes widened as he came riding in, the large wraith about to end the fires that were surely burning in either fear or grim resolve. He couldn't quite see but he didn't care. His hand reached in and pulled out the sigil, lifting it on high as the spell's power came to his body and warmed the sigil as it flashed a golden light. He called out in anger and righteous fury as he bore down on the wispy monsters. "By the power of Ogan, god of the adventure, I do bid thee forbidden from this plain. I banish you to the hells which spawned you! BEGONE!"

A golden flash of pure light beamed from the sigil, expanding and bathing the area of the scene with the aura of his god, the banishment taking hold as the wraith's gave a plaintive screech towards the approaching disturbance. The smaller wraiths turned and started for him, determined to make their master happy and possibly reward one of them with the kill before the light gained heat, singing the wraith's ghostlike robes. Soon they began to evaporate, losing substance before they just up and disappeared. The larger wraith writhed in the air above the fighter, since now he could see it was indeed a fighter, elf by the looks of him. It screamed in agony before flaring and then vanishing in a puff. The cleric stopped his horse on the road, not knowing if it was friend or foe he saved, if saved he did. He called out once more, but more questioningly. "Anyone alive over there?"
avatar
Vyncent

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hey DM!

Post  Rumpleteazer on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:27 am

(So, should I make a second character as well to cross their paths or are you going to hummanah hummanah my bear and Vynce's wizard to a more opportune location?)
avatar
Rumpleteazer

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 34
Location : Somewhere between Heave and Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  DM on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:30 am

(going to move all four of you to a nicer spot, unless you want to keep going from there)

DM
Admin

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-04-25

View user profile http://worp.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

My thoughts

Post  Vyncent on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:18 pm

(I was actually looking forward to teh exchange between the bear and my 'sune, but I'm willing to go with the flow.)
avatar
Vyncent

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  DM on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:56 pm

(Well i have no problem with that, it would be easy enough just to flow into the smaller group. we can just erase the people that left and run with the rest of us... ok little miss bear, looks like your post, or was it the sunes? anyway, go for it)

DM
Admin

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-04-25

View user profile http://worp.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Bedazzled!

Post  Rumpleteazer on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 am

Ileyan stopped short as the sparkly caught her attention. She let the large cloth drop to the ground so she could try to reach for the sparkly with her now-free paw. The bundle fell with a Flump! before it opened enough for the vixen to see the meat, cheese, and bread within. She took a step forward, and another swipe at the sparkly, before growling playfully. This was fun! Though she did wish it would stay still long enough for her to catch in paw! Whatever "it" was! She took a few more steps forward and tried reaching for it again, and again, seemingly oblivious to the danger and the pain she would nearly be in. When the spell was taken off, she rubbed at her eyes with a calloused balled paw. Her eyes darted around for the sparkly again, her small tail wriggling hesitantly as she tried to see where it went.

At the sound of the strong commanding voice, she blinked and focussed back on the pretty walk-on-two-legs. A frown formed along her muzzle. Why was she talking so mean-like? She certainly didn't Smell mean! Did Yanyan do something wrong? She took a few steps toward the vixen, already missing her instructions. She raised her mace and with a cute little pout murmured, "But, Yanyan want to help. Not hurt. Only hurt ugly mean stinky things. Not pretty tall walk-on-two-legs." Her rounded ears flicked before folding back against her golden locks. She blinked, and realizing her mace was poised to strike, quickly lowered it.

Of course, all this will only happen as long as the vixen didn't see her approach as a threat and thus shoot her with a magic missile.


Last edited by Rumpleteazer on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rumpleteazer

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 34
Location : Somewhere between Heave and Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  DM on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:42 pm

(didnt she have a club? the one her father made?)

DM
Admin

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-04-25

View user profile http://worp.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

*thwaps*

Post  Rumpleteazer on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:48 pm

(It was a mace, and shut it, I had a long day yesterday. Fixing now.
Also, woot first post on the new page!)
avatar
Rumpleteazer

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 34
Location : Somewhere between Heave and Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Suspicions revealed

Post  Vyncent on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:37 pm

The vixen's eyes widened as the bear lifted her mace and came forward, the glow brightening on her fingertip. She almost fired the missile before her ears registered the words and her brain got to working. A brow perked in curiosity, though her finger didn't lower. "I said stay still!"

She took a breath and shook her head before adding, "Please." She looked to the bear once more, seeing the bag filled with food rather than plunder, unless she robbed a caravan all by her lonesome. Unlikely. She had a million questions to ask, but one came to mind first.

"What are you doing here? You don't seem a bandit...and if you truly wish to 'help' then you will tell me who you are and what you are doing in my camp?" She thought for a moment before adding, "And...what smelly things?"
avatar
Vyncent

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-05-12
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  Phoenix on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:44 pm

Brin follows close behind yanyan into the clearing, his daggers drawn. as the wizard speaks to the bear he looks back and forth between the two of them "we can assure you miss wizard, we are not here to harm you, we are hunting the undead" he gestures to the crumpled forms that she had already vaporized. he sheaths his daggers and leans against one of the trees so as not to appear threatening to her. "we are traveling the lands killing the scourge and attempting to figure out what is causing it, plus the local kingdom is shelling out a silver a kill" he pulls out the little slip of paper that he had been given, holding it up for her to look at if she wished to.

Phoenix

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

From the Shadows

Post  Damien on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:19 pm

It was unclear exactly where Damien had disappeared to. None the less he sat on a tree branch watching the proceedings, he swung off and bowed gently to the witch. "As a thief, I know my word counts little. But I assure you that our intentions are indeed honorable." He smiled gently before looking up again, annoyed as always about his height compared to everyone else. Sure it made thefts easier, chimney heists, narrow gaps, skylights, and even the occasional sewer. Commanding respect and honor however, was a lot harder, he frowned a little and looked up at the witch. "Has your camp not been plagued by the undead yet?" he asked as he looked around.
avatar
Damien

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-05-03
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mama Nature?!?

Post  Rumpleteazer on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:56 am

Yanyan frowned deeply and took a step back. Whoa, that was a lot of questions for her to try to answer all at once! Some of them didn't seem all that smart to her though. Her nose wrinkled when the pretty vixen asked about the smelly things. "The Mean smelly things! The ones that walk like this!" She shambled forward a few paces, doing a rather fair job of mimicking the undead, before quickly darting back the few paces she had gained. After all, the last thing she wanted to do was to make the pretty vixen angry again.

Her mind then caught up to the next set of questions, and she looked down at herself before giving the pretty vixen a sort of 'duh' look. "Silly. I am me! Yanyan! And I run fast! How else I get here?" When it cycled through her mind the mentioned of this being 'her' camp, the small bear blinked with mild confusion. She looked up at the trees and open air, then down at the ground, before her eyes met the pretty vixen's once more. "But, this not your forest. This Mama Nature's forest. Unless...." She gasped softly as realization dawned on her face. "Are you Mama Nature?!?" She tilted her head sideways, a small frown on her lips as she tried to solve this new mystery. "But, Mama Nature green! You're not green! ...are you?"

By the time the others caught up and made themselves known, she grinned at them and exclaimed, "I think I found Mama Nature!" She bounced a bit before tilting her head quizzically. "I think. She call camp hers. If she green under fur, she Mama Nature! Can we shave her and find out?"

(Okay, I officially <33333333 this character *cackles*)
avatar
Rumpleteazer

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 34
Location : Somewhere between Heave and Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shattered realm

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

WoRP :: Games :: D&D 3.5

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum